Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Portraits of my offspring

Photographers usually defy that old saying, Doctors kids get sick and shoemaker's kids...or whatever. (I've yet to ever visit a shoemaker, though my sandals broke yesterday so I limped ridiculously through the Doctor's office yesterday. Apropos of this story, though I didn't know it then.)
They practice on their kids, they portrait-ize their kids because that's whose first at hand. 
I love my kids, but usually I snapshot them. A LOT. But not portrait. They don't stand still for me. I've taken so many pictures of them that they are jaded and whatever now. I don't even take pictures of them. Just 'pics.' 
But on the 4th of July, I declared my independence of pics. 
It was time to portrait-ize. 
And with the help of lots of bribing treats, I got 'em. 
And they are the most beautiful children I have ever seen. 
I don't stay home with my kids by accident. I do it on purpose. I do it when we're very poor.
 (most of the time)
I do it because, look at these faces. I need to see them as much as possible, drink in every moment! 
Before they are gone forever. 
They take my cheesy breath away. 
I love my angels! 
(Oh yeah, portraits bring out the angel in them, so I have these so I can look at them on the days when I'm gritting my teeth so tightly the dreams I have about all my teeth shattering are seconds away from becoming reality)








No comments:

Post a Comment