Friday, May 18, 2012

The Twins I never Had

 Long ago in a land far far away 
(The mountains seem VERY FAR from the desert)
I was a small child. 
I wanted to grow up and become a mom.
But not just a mom.
A MOM OF SEPTUPLETS!
Around the time the McCaughey family produced seven babies, I, with the happy blindness of youth looked past the seven screaming infants and 900 bottles lining the counter and the 600 daily diaper changes and the Mt. Everest of laundry and 2 hours of sleep a night and the nomoneynomoneynomoney situation and thought....
Now that looks really fun!
I hope I get to do that!
Yes as a matter of fact I did eat paint chips as a child, 
why do you ask?

When I was in my teens, I looked back fondly at my youth, shook my head and laughed. Septuplets. What a dork. 
I'll be fine with quints when the time comes. 
When I got married, I just knew triplets were around the corner. I knew Heavenly Father would grant my wish to birth a litter. 
When I had Kurt, I reveled in my sweet firstborn, and looked fondly forward to my next pregnancy which would of course be twins. Surely Heavenly Father could not deny me one extra baby. 
I mean, I pay tithing, right?
I proceeded to have four singletons, and then my friend Angel realized my dream
and had herself some twins. 
And they are GORGEOUS!!!!
And sweet and squishy and pink and perfect, and
here's the best part of all.
They're HERS!!!!!
And not mine. : )
Just kidding. 
But for serious, I now...finally....see that having twins is more work than building the Salt Lake Temple. 
But I got to take pictures of them. : ) 
And I fully intend to feed those babies once a week : )
(Don't knock it, it takes a while : )
Have I put enough smiley faces on this post yet?
: )
And Liam, their older brother who loves them more than any other being has loved any other soul in this world. 

I can't say this too many times.
I LOVE YOU ANGEL AND LIAM AND ELSIE AND EMMY!!!


Sweetest. Boy. Ever.


I still want twins. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment