Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More Yosemite.

Colleen and I spoke on the phone today. 
Colleen is a woman who you stare at from afar and think, "I should be friends with that chick."
But you feel intimidated because she is so cool, you think, there's no way on this planet that I could ever be cool enough to be friends with someone that cool. 
I want to write two children's books about my friends that are both alliterative, and perfectly describe who they are. 
Carrie, the Caring Canary, 
and Cool Colleen. 
This post brought to you by the letter C. 
Anyways....
Colleen and I spoke about Yosemite. She got the scoop on the Hantavirus epidemicing its way through Curry village. We felt very sad that this is happening, and then we both laughed when Colleen suggested that their passing might have been filled with last moment memories of the splendorous beauty of Yosemite. 
It was one of those phone calls. Where you laugh, and it's all very witty and funny, and then you try to describe it to someone else and realize you have now made yourself sound like a heartless, feelingless wench. 
We're not, seriously. We just really love Yosemite. 
I've been there twice! 
Colleen has been there 12 times. 
Anyways......


Oh, and by the way, this is Colleen. These are shamelessly pirated photos.
I did not take these photos. 
Below are four that I did take : )
Of Magnificent Yosemite, and you know what?
Having this beauty in your file of "last beautiful things seen before I kick the bucket"
(Which I say not heartlessly, but with love and compassion)
wouldn't be too bad. 
That's it. I've decided to kick the bucket in Yosemite. 
Anyways.....



Y'all should 'git yeselves thar. 
And I meant it when I said I'm going to spend a weekend there with a 100 rented lenses next year! 
Ciao for now y'all : )
Oh and by the way. 
Colleen looks cool, she really does, but then you hang out with her and realize that she 
IS THE COOLEST FREAKING CHICK ON THE PLANET. 
For serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment